Tuesday, April 17, 2012

44 Weeks Old

To see all the photos from this week, click HERE!


I'll have to upload a different 'face' picture tomorrow- this is all I had for tonight.

My parents came to visit this evening- just in time to read books to the kids and tuck them to bed.  I'm sure we will have tons more fun with them this coming week.  We're happy to have them here visiting!

The biggest news on Evan this week- this little guy is not messing around.  Two days ago he popped a 105.2 fever.  Seriously.  I used an ear thermometer and it said 104.6.  I knew he was hot, but I thought that was crazy so I did a rectal temp- 105.2.  Yikes.  I put him in a room temp bath, covered him with cool wash cloths, gave him a strong dose of Motrin, and brought him to the Dr.  By the time we got there he had dropped to 102.8 but was still (obviously) feeling pretty rough.  After nose and throat swabs (checking for strep or flu) ear check, and blood draw we found out he had a bacterial infection.  He is behind on a few immunizations because he has been sick when they are regularly given so we had to give him a super duper antibiotic shot (one in each leg) to rule out a serious illness.  Poor little guy.  He's now on 10 days of oral antibiotics.  He's such a sweetie even though I know he's feeling rough.  Hopefully he will be back to his regular self soon!

Aside from that, Evan's still crawling around, exercising his new found freedom and enjoying all the attention he gets from his big sisters.  We sure do love this little guy!

Until next week, enjoy the photos (where you'll see that Evan was less than thrilled with our debut boat trip...  Hopefully he'll learn to love it!)  -smile-

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment