Monday, December 6, 2010

Conversations....

A friend of mine who is about a month ahead of us in her pregnancy found out she is having a boy today.  I told Jillian about it, and her response was hilarious.

Here's the conversation:

Me: "Jillian, did you know our friend found out she has a baby boy in her belly?"
Jillian: "WHY did she pick that?!"
Me: "Babe, you don't pick if your baby is a boy or a girl.  When a baby starts to grow in your belly, it's already one or the other.  You just have to wait to find out until it is a little bigger."
Jillian: "Oh."
Me: "When you were in my belly, you were already girl, and when Liv was in my belly, she was already a girl"
Jillian: "What about when you were a baby?"
Me: "When I was a tiny baby in Grandma's belly, I was a girl too.  And do you know what?  When Daddy was a tiny baby, HE was already a BOY!"
Jillian: "Oh... well... I sure hope our baby decides to be a girl.  Or maybe you will have a cat in your belly. I want a girl, or a cat."
Me: "Uh... well, I'm sure it won't be a cat."

How could this not crack me up??!!  This is not the first conversation Jillian and I have had about having another baby and if it will be a boy or a girl.  I'm nervous if we do end up having a boy because she is ADAMANT that she "just likes sisters".  Haha.  Seriously, she would have months and months to get used to the idea so I'm sure she would come around but for now, she's picturing pink.  Which, I suppose is really just a big compliment to her sweet sister.  -smile-

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny. A cat? Yikes! :)

    I was so sure that Addie was a boy that we had already named him Nate (she would have been a Nathaniel), we called him Nate, so when Addie was a girl, she wanted to know what happened to Nate! :)

    Then when we found out Bryson was a boy, we were SO nervous to tell Lily, because she REALLY wanted another sister, 3 sisters. I broke the ice by starting off showing her a picture of his pee-pee, and we laughed and laughed. I know it wasn't the most mature way to handle it, and usually bathroom talk is restricted to the bathroom. But I needed to break the ice, and what's not funny about a B&W picture of a pee-pee INSIDE my belly!

    She didn't want the name Bryson, either, but as it turns out, she doesn't remember Nate, doesn't remember wanting Bryson to be a girl, and if you asked her, she came UP with the name Bryson she likes it so much!

    If you birth a cat, seriously, I'll puke. And if you've read my latest blog, I can't come looking to Addie to help me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This cracks me up! Thanks-you Jillian for once again making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!! What a cute story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I literally just laughed out loud. Did you laugh or keep a straight face? Jillian is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can tell Eric, I told everyone AFTER he was born that he was girl, for so long my poor mother was starting to get concerned.......I totally "get" Jillian!

    ReplyDelete