Tuesday, January 25, 2011

He's Still a Boy!

It's for sure- our newest family member is going to be a boy!  We had our 'big ultrasound' today, and everything looks great.  The doctor that performed our ultrasound was fast...  We remember the process taking much longer with each of the girls but we still walked away with a great feeling that everything with our little guy checked out and measured on target.  He's getting much bigger!


We had been waiting for this appointment to officially announce the name we have chosen.  We're excited to share our little guy will be:


Evan Christopher Kules

There's nothing symbolic about his first name- we chose it because it's something we thought was both classic and slightly unique.   We both really like it, and Jillian's slowly coming around to the fact that his name will not actually be Crouton. -smile-

Christopher is Ryan's middle name, as well as Ryan's Dad's middle name so we thought we'd keep the tradition going.  I think it all flows well together! 

Back by popular demand- I added the email subscription to this site so you can type in your email, and have the updates sent directly to your email vs. visiting the site.  I know this is easier for people, so I went for it.  Promise me you'll visit the actual site on occasion though and comment on an entry??  I really would like to include some comments in Evan's baby book and email replies are not organized for me the way comments are...  Thanks guys!

Okay, that's it for now!  I'm feeling fine, (a little heartburn this time around, and tired by the end of the day) mostly just enjoying the consistent kicks I'm feeling now and the thought that we are going to be welcoming another little person into our lives in less than 5 months!  Wow.

Below, some photos of the ultrasound today:





7 comments:

  1. Awww I love the name Evan Christopher!

    Dear Evan, I can't wait to meet you. I'm so glad I can finally hear all about you directly in my inbox, but I promise to continue visiting your blog to leave you nice little notes to read when you are big. Love, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys,
    Evan Christopher? C'mon stick with jillian's crouton idea, it'll give the guy some character, Crouton Kules, how killer is that! and Crouton Christopher Kules. wow. amazing. anyway, Evan you look good kid, and by the looks of it, you are gonna be a big boy! Love the arrow to the boy parts always classic. hope you guys are doing great, another solid post, and important to the kules family!

    uncle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name you chose!!! Really really, I do!!! I'm so glad he is still healthy and growing and I am so excited for your cute little family! Miss you tons!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a VERY strong name! Love it. In a few months, Jillian will forget all about crouton! :)

    Oh - and I love that you share the sex and the name. Sincerely LOVE not having it be a secret!

    If the heartburn continues, take some Pepcid (once a day) rather than tums. IT WORKS. I only got heartburn bad the third time around. One night when it was really bad, I decided if I couldn't handle the heartburn, there was no way I'd be able take on the natural birth idea I was toying with!

    Happy baby building!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the name Evan Christopher Kules! It does flow very nicely! :) The ultrasound pics are super cute too...the last one two profile pics with his hands in his mouth is really cute :) Are you guys going to call him "crouton" as a nickname? Or I guess that could be the name Jillian and Liv use to embarrass him when he gets way older and brings a girl home for a date...lol! I'm sooo happy for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on having a boy and the name! Evan is cute and I like it. Glad to see everything is going well for you and the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nancy!

    Love the name :) Evan, when I told your mom I was pregnant she offered to tell me everything she knew unless there was a penis inloved becuase she was only familiar with girls! So good luck to you :)

    Abby

    ReplyDelete