Monday, January 3, 2011

16 Weeks Along- It's A Boy!

Okay, bear with me and use your imagination a little bit.  He is only 16 weeks along so this is early for gender determination, but it's there.  As Jillian put it, "Our baby has a penis, and Mommy has balls in her belly."  I'm so glad Jillian is so dainty about the whole thing.  Ryan and I really need to stop saying sarcastic and ridiculous things within earshot of her.  lol

See the little bulge to the right of that leg?  That's a penis/scrotum.  The other leg is off to the right a little bit.






No genitals here, but you can see his spine along the top pretty well:


Another cool one of his LONG leg!  The technician kept commenting on how BIG he is.  She said: "Wow!  That's a huge head.  Oh my, his hand is giant!  Wow, were your other babies huge?  Look how LONG his arms and legs are!!!"

Oh, goodie.  lol





And finally, another decent shot of the "boy parts".


After the ultrasound, still in the office.  Look how unsure Jillian looks.  -smile-


A BOY?!?




"AHHHhhhhh!"  Just kidding, I had to tell her to do this.  I thought there was going to be major drama surrounding this news, but Jillian is actually taking it like a champ.  The technician saw what we were having and before she told us, or pointed it out she said, "Jillian- come over here and I'll tell you a secret.  She whispered to Jillian and then said, "Tell your Mommy and Daddy" Jillian said, "It's a baby brother. (really quietly) so I told her to tell Daddy again and she repeated (a tiny bit louder) "It's a baby brother."  Ryan said, "What?!"  lol.  It was very cute.  Even this morning before we left for the appointment Jillian was talking about how she "only likes sisters" so I thought this would be earth shattering to her but when we asked her how she felt about that news she made a huge cheesy smile and danced a little bit.  Okay!  I'm so glad she instantly got over it!


We're so happy things are developing well with our little BOY!

Ryan thinking:  'I'll take your word for it if you say there's something in this picture which indicates this is a boy...'


I guess it's a boy?!


And finally, a picture of "The Boys".  Ahh...  Must feel good to Ryan for the scales to be tipping in his direction a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! First to comment and congratulate on your little boy. I sooooo know how you guys are feeling right now. It's awesome, would have been awesome no matter, but AWESOME. Lily was also unhappy about Bryson being a brother, then I showed her the pee pee on the ultrasound pic, it made her laugh and that was the last of being "Sisters only".

    LOVE! :) SMILING!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, love this post!!! Love that Ryan has THE biggest smile on his face of the 4 of you guys in the family picture, lol! I bet he is SO excited!!! Can't wait to see what a handsome little boy you guys make :) Boys really are SO SO fun...they love their mamas :) Congrats! So happy for you guys and happy to hear baby is healthy and well! love ya and miss ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I love all the pictures! I can't wait to meet him, if your girls are any indication of what's to come, he's going to be a super cutie!

    ReplyDelete