Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4 Weeks Old!

Click HERE to see all the photos from this week!


I think my best chance of actually achieving a weekly post with a third child is to break it up a little bit.  My goal is to get the "main photo" for the week and the text posted while the big girls are napping, and then add the link for the rest of the pics once they go to bed.  Man!  Tuesday is a busy day for me!  I'm so glad to have a 'deadline' each week because it forces me to write about what Evan is up to, and get my pictures of him situated every 7 days.  It's a LOT of work to pull together each week, but if I let it slide for weeks on end it would be even worse!!!

This week I've been really good about keeping to Evan's schedule.  He eats at 7am and then every 3 hours after that.  At night, I feed him at 10pm and then as he wakes on his own.  Usually if I can push the 10pm feeding until later I do.  Ryan and I usually go to bed pretty late so most of the time he is eating around 11-12pm and then sleeps until around 4am, and then it's time for 7am breakfast!  Works out great.

Since we work on a 3 hour schedule (eat, play, sleep) it's easy for me to see how much more alert he is during his "play time" now.  He spends SO much more time looking around and seems to like it when his sisters stick their faces close to his.  -smile-

Evan has a SUPER strong neck already.  He can pick up his head and turn it from side to side, he throws it back when you are holding him, and when he's hungry he uses that neck strength to root around on anything which might produce milk.  Haha.

Still likes being warm, still likes being swaddled.

So far, I'd only been peed on once (something that all mother's of boys warned me would happen ALL the time) but then he did it again this afternoon.  I think I'd gotten a little lax on making sure the clean diaper was quickly in place.  Oops.

I have not talked about the little dimple in Evan's chin yet.  Sometimes it's easier to see than others...  it's there for sure though- super cute.  Also, his skin is finally starting to clear up a little bit, but we are noticing what a greasy boy he is!  Honestly- if I wash his hair/face in the morning, by noon he is already starting to look shiny again.  Is this a boy thing?  haha...

Evan's still a little jaundiced... it's nothing to be concerned about, and is slowly fading so we just wait I guess...

I can't believe our little guy will already be a MONTH old on Thursday!  What a joy he is!  We love our little buddy.

Until next week, don't forget to check out the pictures from this week including sweet Evan very clearly flipping me off.  Awesome.

Nancy

3 comments:

  1. I love his face in this picture...it's so mature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweet little Evan. You are the sweetest, cutest little boy. I can't not wait to meet you in August. I can’t believe how fast you are growing and how focused and strong you already appear to be.

    Love you SO much! XOXOX Auntie Mar

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little boy and oh so cute just like all the other little Kules. When he is 20 he will laugh at the flipping off picture. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete