Tuesday, February 7, 2012

34 Weeks Old

To see all the photos from this week, click HERE!



It's been a busy week with a good amount of snuggle time for this recovering Mom!  Since the infection I had last week came along with flu like symptoms it was a tough couple days for me.  Evan is eating a lot more solid foods now- (3/4 of a small banana tonight!)  and after being up with extra feedings through the night over the course of my issues it became necessary to crack down a little and make some efforts to regain our nighttime sleep!!

I should start by saying that until two nights ago, Evan slept every night in a swaddle, with a pacifier in a nap nanny (baby foam wedge that keeps them propped at an angle similar to a car seat).  So, it was fair to say putting him in his crib without these things was going to be a challenge.  I started with the idea that we would just go cold turkey without any of it, but ended up caving and giving him his pacifier (actually, about 6 pacifiers sprinkled around him so he would be able to find them in the night and put them back in if he wanted to -smile-). The first two days were hard on Evan and I (I may have had a little nervous break down after I noticed in addition to crying he had scratched his face all over the place). It was so so sad.  I trimmed his nails down more, but he still managed to scratch himself.  Tonight I filed down any little tiny bits I could find so hopefully his handsome little face is scratch free in the morning!

He was pretty darn stubborn about this new sleep idea for the first two nights but tonight he did really well.  The first day when I went in to get him he was looking at me with one pacifier in his mouth and one in each hand.  Cute.  Twice now, I have been watching him on our video baby monitor as he's making himself comfortable and have noticed that he seems to replicate being swaddled by pulling his legs to his chest and hugging them with his arms. Such a smart baby :)

We continue to be lucky with great weather so lots of time outside still!  Hooray!

In the photos you'll see snuggle time, a birthday party, Ryan feeding Evan pears (with a pink bib?!?), a VERY sleepy boy in his car seat, posing, sister time, tummy time (no scooting or rocking yet), more sister time & a baseball sleeper (thx Nat & Rene, I think?)

Until next week!!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment